17 September 2009

My Human Gets me Blues

A song on the album Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart (also known as Don Van Vliet) and His Magic Band.

'I saw yuh baby in yer x-ray gingam dress
I knew you were under duress
I knew you under yer dress
...

You were afraid you'd be the devils red wife
But it's alright God dug yer dance
'n would have you young 'n in his harum

Dress you the way he wants cause never had a doll                   
Cause everybody made him a boy
'n God didn't think t' ask his preference
You can bring yer dress 'n yer favourite dog'

  • Captain Beefhart & His Magic Band. Trout Mask Replica. LP  Straight STS 1053 – 1969.
  • John Muir (ed). The Lives and Times of Captain Beefheart.  Babylon Books. no date, probably 1980.

This video is of two songs: She's Too Much For My Mirror & Human Gets Me Blues.

No comments: